Are you looking for other bicyclists with whom to ride? Would you like to improve your riding skills and fitness? Then consider joining the San Antonio Wheelmen, a non-profit bicycling club dedicated to safe and enjoyable bicycle riding and education in South Texas.We promote bicycling as a recreational activity and non-polluting form of transportation; we educate club members and the public on the rights and responsibilities of bicyclists.
The club welcomes adult riders of all ages and skill level. We host organized club rides of varying distances each weekend, providing maps and safety information before each ride. Helmets are required for all Wheelmen rides.
On Wheelmen rides, cyclists usually group according to pace and distance. We also schedule "Stay Together" routes on some rides. The "Stay Together" route will be led by an experienced ride leader at the pace of the slowest riders.
Ride schedules (including directions to all ride sites) can be found on our calendar.
We encourage you to be our guest on a few organized weekend rides and, if you enjoy them, to join the Wheelmen. See you on the road!
Why should you join SAW?
- Enjoy at least two organized rides every weekend.
- Take advantage of having safety in numbers, receiving help with on-the-road bike mishaps, not getting lost, and learning about cycling from fellow members.
- Leverage cycling as a way to stay ft and healthy to a ripe old age.
- Obtain information from one of the best cycling club websites and digital newsletters in Texas
- Use an inventory of superbly-produced, rider-tested, route maps, and even some GPS files, for much of south central Texas.
- Receive a 10% discount on many items at several local bike shops.
- Benefit from our cycling advocacy and representation at local, regional, state, and national levels on matters of great importance to cyclists. We have voting membership on the Bicycle Mobility Advisory Committee of the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
- Become a better cyclist through our Rider Education Series: Introduction to Road Cycling classes, which are held at least twice per year.
- Experience a summer picnic, holiday party, and post-ride social events with your cycling friends
You have the option of joining via online registration or by mailing a completed application to us. If you choose the latter, you must download the PDF version of the membership application, complete it, print it, sign it, and mail it to us.